Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Rosie O'Donnell Confirms Nip/Tuck Spin-off Series

Source

Oh my god... All I can say is what the heck are people thinking????



Rosie O'Donnell recently made two guest appearances on Nip/Tuck as Dawn Budge, a lottery winner who sleeps with her plastic surgeon, Christian Troy. Christian Troy used her for her money and well, she used him for sex after catching her own husband in bed with her daughter... (Father/Step-Daughter Relationship). Christian Troy slept with her for money and she did it for revenge and to get something she would not be able to get without the money.

According to the source, "And the character proved to be such a hit with fans, producers approached her about starring in her own show. In the "Ask Ro" section of her internet blog, she is asked the question, "Is it true ur in talks for a spinoff series starring as DAWN BUDGE?" O'Donnell posted the message, "Talks r over. I said yes." The new series will reportedly be shot in New York City, so O'Donnell can also continue her hosting duties on US chat show THE VIEW."

I've lost all respect for tv producers... I wont be watching this new series and I would be shocked if it had any sort of success. Rosie's character was ridiculous on the show and I am sorry to see this season heading in the wrong direction. I guess if they are aiming low, the Rosie series would be a bullseye. The writing has taken a serious dive this year and in my honest opinion and the spin-off only gives me reason to believe that Nip/Tuck wont be back next year. This is just my opinion with no official word or basis other than what I see each week on FX.

Penny for your thoughts?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no way I would watch that show. I totally agree with you.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the spin off is not worth it...I was actually hoping that Nip/Tuck would find a partner for Liz. Rosie O'Donnell already gave a kidney, why not guest appearances as Liz's lover? Any thoughts?

Mark Kruger said...

http://fxniptuck.blogspot.com/2006/10/alanis-morissette-to-play-lesbian-on.html

Singer Alanis Morissette will guest star in three episodes of TV series Nip/Tuck as the lesbian girlfriend of Dr. Liz Cruz, played by Roma Maffia.

Anonymous said...

I think the only reason fans "loved" Rosie so much on the show is because she was ON the show. Just like we loved the sick twisted wife of the soldier who abused her dog a few episodes ago.... yuck! Interesting and twisted and then it's over. Move on to diffrent drama. Dawn Buldge is not a complex enough character to have her own show. She is too normal, even with the lottery winnings and the ferret rainsin. What are they thinking? Especially after just 2 episoded? Maybe there is more in store for us, maybe she ends up buying the practice after Burt kicks the bucket, who knows. I will watch N/P to find out, but not the Dawn Buldge. P.S. Do you know what ALL lottery winners have in common? They all gain weight!

Mark Kruger said...

If there was ever a case for a spin-off, wouldnt you think it would have been The Carver storyline?

I would love to see Bruno Campos and Rhona Mitra continue their killing spree off the coast of Spain! Their characters could have really evolved as killers.

Anonymous said...

I think the idea of Dawn being Liz's lover is a good idea. She does not need her own show...I definitely would not watch it. However, an occasional appearance is something I could tolerate.

Anonymous said...

I am sure to watch. I don't know if it is a good idea or not. I did love/ hate Rosie as Dawn. I thought it was very entertaining story line.
I think an occasional appearance may be the smarter way to go though.

Anonymous said...

JFC!!! you people are so hateful! it's just a TV show! you know, for entertainment purposes! A huge percentage of what's on TV these days follow the lines of outrageous. Rosie said it best on her blog, "if you don't like it, turn the channel". Peace out.