Monday, November 13, 2006

Offtopic: Saw III and Borat

Hey gang, I know this is waaaaay off topic but I saw a couple of movies the last couple of weeks. Both we high in the box office... Saw III and Borat.

I caught Saw III opening night and was really looking forward to it. I'm not so much of a horror addict but I really love how the movie makes you think. I always tell people it is much more like Seven than Chainsaw Massacre. I think that's a fair assessment. I loved Saw III and actually thought it was the best of the trio except for the fact that the first one was so unique and original.

Ok, the next movie I saw was Borat... I was in the mood for a laugh and heard it was hilarious. Actually the quote was that you miss a good portion of the movie because people are laughing so much. I thought it was ok but lacked any real thought requirements. To me Borat was a combination of Jackass and Dumb & Dumber. There are parts you cant help but laugh but it got old fast and ended just in time for my taste. It's not a movie I would see a second time, that's for sure but I guess it is what it is.

Well, I'm totally hooked on Dexter these days which airs on Showtime. It's another thought provoking show with a very dark angle to it. I even find a lot of humor in it as we hear what goes on in the mind of a serial killer who just so happens to go after the bad guys. Well, drop me a line and let me know what you've seen lately or what you thought of these.


No comments: